Here 10 easy steps to guide you through the process:
- Identify your niche: Determine the target audience and unique selling point of your activewear brand. Research the market carefully to identify gaps or opportunities that you can fill with your products. Consider factors such as style, functionality, sustainability, or inclusivity. Ask yourself why your product should exist instead of an established product or brand and why people should buy it. Simply copying an established brand and making it cheaper won’t cut it.
- Develop a business plan: Outline your business objectives, target market, marketing strategies, and financial projections. This plan will serve as a roadmap for your brand’s development and help you secure funding if needed. Download our start-up pack for more information on business plans https://blueassociatessportswear.com/product-page/start-up-pack/
- Branding and design: Create a strong brand identity that resonates with your target audience. Develop a brand name, logo, and overall aesthetic that reflects your brand’s values and differentiates it from competitors. Work with designers to create appealing and functional activewear designs that align with your brand’s vision. You should also consider brand values and voice and perhaps build some brand guidelines to share with anyone that touches the brand.
- Source suppliers and manufacturers: Research and establish relationships with suppliers and manufacturers who specialise in performance activewear production. Look for partners that can deliver high-quality materials, ethical manufacturing practices, and the ability to produce your designs in the desired quantities. You will need to provide detailed designs and full tech packs to any quality factory or supplier, and these should nominate all trims, fabrics and components. You shouldn’t leave these details to a factory to source. This part is one of the hardest as the good quality factories are pretty hidden. They don’t generally advertise as they have their loyal brands that place regular orders with them. They also don’t generally accept orders from start-ups, however we have negotiated small MOQ’s with some of these factories because we place so much business with them and also do the due diligence on the start-up business to assess their growth and potential.
- Create prototypes and samples: Work closely with your manufacturer to create prototypes and samples of your activewear designs. This will allow you to test the functionality, fit, and quality of your products before proceeding with production. You will need to fit these samples and provide a detailed critique of the manufacturing quality and process.
- Set up your business: Register your business, obtain any necessary licenses, or tax liabilities, open a business bank account and set up your operational processes. This includes establishing your online presence, creating an e-commerce website, social media and setting up logistics for order fulfilment.
- Marketing and promotion: Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy to raise awareness about your activewear brand. Leverage social media platforms, influencers, fitness communities, and other relevant channels to reach your target audience. Consider partnerships, collaborations, or sponsorships to increase brand visibility. Download our Marketing plan here https://blueassociatessportswear.com/product-page/marketing-guide/
- Launch and distribution: Plan a launch event or marketing campaign to introduce your brand to the market. Decide on your distribution channels, whether it’s selling directly through your website, partnering with retailers, or a combination of both. Manage inventory and fulfilment to ensure smooth operations.
- Build customer relationships: Focus on providing exceptional customer service and build relationships with your customers. Encourage feedback, engage with your audience on social media, and offer personalised experiences to foster loyalty and repeat business. Remember newsletters and start to create a following on all platforms including subscribers to your website.
- Evolve and expand: Continuously evaluate the performance of your activewear brand, listen to customer feedback, and adapt your offerings accordingly. Explore opportunities for expansion, such as introducing new product lines, expanding into new markets, or collaborating with complementary brands.
Remember, building a successful activewear brand takes time, dedication, and a deep understanding of your target audience. Stay committed to quality, innovation, brand purpose and delivering value to your customers, and your brand has the potential to thrive in the competitive activewear industry. For more information, please get in touch. https://blueassociatessportswear.com/contact/